NOTE: The character page overhaul has begun. There will be brand new character art and re-written character profiles, some with brand new info. As I'm doing this one by one, it will take a long time for every character to be re-uploaded. Also, because the relationship charts are kept intact, there may be some dead links that lead to nonexistant pages.
The Far End Universe is an ever-expanding universe that consists of 3 interconnected realms: Earthside, Azadia, and the Mirrorplanes. Azadia is generally the main focus realm where most of the characters live out their lives, but the other two also play a part in the grand story.
The universe is mostly magic and fantasy-oriented, but also lightly crosses sci-fi territory.
There are no plans to create any sort of consumable series with these characters.
Select an idol to begin your journey through Far End...
History (in real life)
In the past, when I was younger, I didn't have a proper OC universe that I called my own. Well, not one totally original. Instead, the universe my OCs lived in was mainly a crossover universe, where the stories I doodled featured my favourite characters at the time, and whatever I wanted to write about was what really shaped the world around them. The concept of worldbuilding hadn't really crossed my mind at that time, but then again I was only around 10 or so when I first started dabbling in the idea of "Original Characters".
The Far End Universe is sort of like an expansion of that, but crossing out the part where media I like is involved. (For the most part.) Originally, it was created just to tell the story of Mattie and Val. Earthside and Azadia were the only two worlds. It was just an isekai world, basically. But as more characters were created, the thought of expanding their universe even more had entered my mind.
Far End was born on January 14, 2018. It featured 2 realms and 5 characters.
Today, the Far End Universe houses 3 realms and just over 50+ characters.
The purpose of each realms existence enables possible crossover content, which is what I originally enjoyed doing as a kid, and still do to this day. While not every character will be able to meet in canon, I can still make content of them together just for fun. Although, in rare cases, these fun made-up connections just might end up in canon.
Overtime, as I grew, the characters grew and changed, too. Almost every one of the characters you see on this webpage that's older than 2 years have likely gone through multiple design changes.
The beginnings of the Far End Universe were very loosely inspired by the song Sandcastle Kingdoms by Nathan Sharp. As I've grown, more and more inspiration had been taken in. Here is a small list of some of the biggest influences.
- Minecraft (video game) - The ambiguity of Minecraft's "lore" inspired me to make up my own stories within the game and come up with my own ideas for the world. A lot of those concepts ended up within Far End. The game is like a blank canvas! I still use it for inspiration to this day.
- OneShot (video game) - Partly influenced the way I draw robots, and also what really opened my eyes to the whole RGB-coding thing!
- Red Vox (band) - Basically 80% of Far End was inspired by Red Vox's music. Multiple songs have been turned into either characters or story elements!
- The Reign of Kindo (band) - Mostly just based on vibes. Their music (especially their earlier ones) give off a very powerful energy that inspires me to create stories. There are also 3 characters named Rhythm, Chord, and Melody respectively, as kind of a minor homage to the band.
- The Owl House (cartoon) - A pretty recent series that sadly lasted way too short thanks to corporate bull. The magic system loosely inspired me to work on my own, although I already had one before the show began airing, so I can't say that I really based it off of that. Still a very inspiring show!
I also have a Far End Universe playlist. If you'd like, you can take a listen!